Turtle Power

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This is not a turtle blog

Within the last couple of months, I have discovered the magic of the blog Site Meter. Here, you can see who is looking at your blog (by what city, internet service, how they found your blog, and what website they went to after viewing your blog.) Usually, I can recognize who is who, but sometimes people happen upon my blog by a Google or Yahoo search. The majority of people who do not know who find my blog are people looking for turtle information. These searches have included:
"how can i tell my turtle is sick"
"turtle graffiti"
"turtle strep throat"
"buying my first turtle"
"pictures of turtles"
"white spots on my turtle"

These poor people must have been pretty disappointed to find my blog and not find any turtle information. Maybe I should turn this into a turtle blog to oblige the fans.

6 Comments:

  • Stone Groove says:
    How can I tell if my turtle is sick?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/10/2006 2:22 PM  

  • How can I tell if my Kristin Lavery is sick?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/10/2006 2:54 PM  

  • hey, give your big brother some advice on setting that up. i'm always curious what search leads people to my blog.

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 5/10/2006 6:13 PM  

  • Hey big brother, you already have it set up. Just go all the way to the bottom of your page, and click on the button that says "Site Meter" There, you can see how many people have gone to your blog that day, year, etc. If you click on "By Location" on the left, if shows you who/where is looking at your blog.

    By Blogger Turtle Power, at 5/11/2006 8:07 AM  

  • Turtles get strep throat? How does one tell? The turtle stops singing show tunes and just looks listless?

    I've been having fun with the neocounter, which shows which country folks visit from. Not a day goes by when I don't exclaim something along the lines of "Aha! My first Tongan!"

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 5/11/2006 3:59 PM  

  • White spots on my Kristin Lavery

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2006 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home