Turtle Power

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Strep to sun

The previous five days:
I have been sick with strep throat, which I have not had in 12 years. It was almost as much fun as the last time. I missed 3 days of work, and it was a struggle to get out of bed. My 3 days off from work, and the weekend included:
A LOT of sleep.
A lot of TV.
A lot of reading. "The Great Mortality" is a great read when you are sick. It reminded me that my sickness could be so much worse.
A lot of milkshakes and hot tea.
A very nice boy helping to take care of me.

Alas, penicillin is a miracle, and I improved in time for the first day of spring, with temps in the 30's.

The next five days:
I will be in Orlando for work, where temps will be sunny in the upper 70's. I look forward to hobnobbing with Mickey.

3 Comments:

  • glad to hear you are feeling better. did you buy this book because of mondale or in spite of him?

    one of you two needs to lend it to me.

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 3/21/2006 6:42 PM  

  • milkshakes? really? you should take some emergen-c. if you can't find it in the boondocks where you live, let me know and i'll mail you some.

    By Blogger youthlarge, at 3/23/2006 11:33 AM  

  • "if you can't find it in the boondocks where you live"... HEY! If we have it in Maine (which we do), she'll be able to get it in Boston.

    We are still waiting for electricity, indoor plumbing, and cockroaches though.

    Med non fiction: "Typhoid Mary" is good and will make you feel like an evil little human time bomb on the plane should you still be carrying any germs.

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 3/24/2006 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home