Turtle Power

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This is bad

Shortly after the beginning of 2006, I made a New Year's Resolution that like most resolutions quickly was quit. I decided I was going to lose 20 pounds. After losing about five and quickly gaining it back, that resolution really needs to be picked back up.

But, that is really hard to do when temptations surround me. A couple weeks ago, my company moved to a brand new office space. The curses of this space is that it is a one minute walk away to Panera.

Since moving to this space, I have probably had Panera for lunch about 65% of the time. While I have been eating relatively healthy there (today I had black bean soup in a bread bowl) I can not keep eating there everyday both for the sakes of my stomach and my wallet. I need to start eating healthier but Panera is so good.

To make matters even worse, the ice cream man comes by in his truck every other day or so. Today, I could not resist the temptation to buy some ice cream since it was the first warm and sunny day in the last couple of weeks.

I need help!

8 Comments:

  • My advice is to stay away from TWIX-WHITE CHOCOLATE. It's "Limited Edition" and delicious.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/17/2006 4:45 PM  

  • no, you need more ice cream!

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 5/17/2006 7:22 PM  

  • Ice cream is never a mistake, but sometimes beans are.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/17/2006 8:18 PM  

  • Stone Groove says:
    Have will power like me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 8:20 AM  

  • the black bean soup in a bread bowl is only like 2.5 grams of fat. do you drink soda? soda's bad for you.

    balgavy, you would like white chocolate.

    By Blogger youthlarge, at 5/18/2006 4:55 PM  

  • Do whatever you have to do to get through the day with that aweful boss of yours. If ice cream helps, GO FOR IT.... Just remember to get some for me next time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 6:21 PM  

  • I don't know that moving to Philly will make avoiding temptation any easier.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2006 12:41 PM  

  • I think your next blog should be about Doug Funny and Patti Mayonnaise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2006 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home