Turtle Power

Monday, December 12, 2005

One snowstorm down, infinity to go

I have officially survived my first New England snowstorm.

I left for work early Friday morning. The snow was not supposed to be heavy until around 9AM. By 7, it was already inches high, and enough for me to skid several times on the way to work.

Upon arriving to work, co-workers said that they heard the snow was supposed to turn to rain by noon. By 2, the snow had gone from snow, to rain, to hail, back to snow. Not only that, but there was a lightning storm to liven things up. It was announced during the worst of the storm that we could leave early.

I waited it out, and trekked out to my car around 3:30. The snow was up to my mid-calf in the parking lot. A wonderful (and cute) young man offered to shovel my car out. Then my boss came out, and drove my car out to the road for me. On the way home, I saw many cars stuck, with strangers helping the stuck cars out. I was amazed by the acts of kindness that snowstorms bring out in people.

A two hour car ride home, and 30 minutes of shoveling later, I passed out in my apartment. If this is just the beginning, this is going to be a looooooong winter!

2 Comments:

  • Stone Groove says:
    I say the same thing to you that I said to your brother. Move home, things a wonderful in Maryland.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/13/2005 7:23 PM  

  • And I'll say the same thing to you that my brother did: "Um, no."

    By Blogger Turtle Power, at 12/13/2005 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home