Turtle Power

Thursday, November 10, 2005

No "Lost" tonight honey, I have a headache

All day yesterday, I was excited. It had been three weeks without a new "Lost." It has become a weekly ritual that Heather will come over, and we (and by "we", I mean Allie or Heather) will make dinner, then sit back and relax for an hour of Lost.

Last night was turkey taco night. We quickly ate in anticipation of what we had been waiting three weeks for. And in typical Lost fashion, it was everything that we had expected.

Typical Lost: The whole hour keeps us in suspense. Nothing is ever resolved. This week seemed even worse though. The episode ended with a cliffhanger of course. But now, they are starting a whole new arc next week! I don't care about these new characters (and the incredibly annoying Michelle Rodriguez!) This is so frustrating!

My analogy for the show is that its like being in an abusive relationship. It is so good to you, but it beats you down repeatedly, but you keep going back to it. But Heather's analogy is much better. Her gem: "This show is like having sex without reaching orgasm." I will leave it at that.

6 Comments:

  • I must agree with you here. I say that like I've disagreed with you. But getting to the point, it is quite frustrating when so much happens, yet nothing at all happens. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who finds Michelle Rodriguez annoying.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/10/2005 4:48 PM  

  • michelle rodriguez is supposed to be annoying.

    i like this new season a lot with the new characters. you don't like the big guy who was on oz? i love it! now lost has two oz veterans.

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 11/10/2005 7:56 PM  

  • Stone Groove says:

    I like the new characters and think it is a clever way for the writers to keep the show going for years. I love Michelle Rodriguez. You need to be more open to change like me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/11/2005 9:07 AM  

  • Both Listmaker and Stone Groove:
    Michelle Rodriguez is annoying in every role has played.
    And don't get me wrong, I LOVE this new season. And it is a clever way to keep the show going for years. You're right, I'm just not open to change like Stone Groove, who is all about change.

    By Blogger Turtle Power, at 11/11/2005 9:14 AM  

  • I've been thinking that maybe we'll care more about Michelle's character once we learn her backstory.... Actually no, I don't think I'm capable of feeling any sympathy for that witch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2005 10:26 AM  

  • Michelle Rodriguez must die! She is hideous! Like EVERYTHING about her annoys me.... do you notice how capable she is of making the UGLIEST facial expressions... I cringe everytime!

    ~Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home