Turtle Power

Monday, December 05, 2005

King Kong Walks With Me



I have tried to remain blase about this, but I think I am actually excited for the new "King Kong" remake.
Until now, I have remained only mildly interested in the movie. But, for some reason, seeing this picture of the film, and subsequent article in the New York Times, and I guess I am now officially excited for three reasons.

1.) As mentioned above, it looks amazing. While I was not really a fan of the Lord of the Rings movies, I still think that they were made well, and it will be very interesting to see what Peter Jackson will do to remake this classic film. Plus, it stars Adrian Brody and Jack Black which is quite an interesting combo for a movie such as this.

2.) Junior year of college, I took a great course, "Film History." We spent a good amount of time studying the history of the original "King Kong" focusing mostly on how it was made. Knowing the history of the film will make it all the more fascinating to see how much film making has changed over the last 80 odd years.

3.) This summer, I was supposed to see "Red Eye" with Stone Groove, but alas I moved away before the film was released. So I have promised that I will see this movie with him when I am home for the holidays, and I am sure his excitement will fuel mine.

On a side note: Over the Thanksgiving holidays, my dear mother took a bad fall, and has subsequently been in terrible pain for the last week. I just wanted to say hope you're feeling better soon Mom!! And I'm sure she would love any get well wishes sent her way (by way of the comments section. Thanks!)

5 Comments:

  • get well mom!
    but if you go see king kong with amy, make sure to get there early so you can see where you are going!

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 12/05/2005 5:36 PM  

  • Stone Groove says:
    Your mother is excited and honored that she has made your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2005 9:01 AM  

  • Feel better Amy's mommy!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2005 6:10 PM  

  • Feel better Mrs. Raphael!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/07/2005 1:51 PM  

  • If you did the office dares in a gorilla suit then you might get some traction with your brother. Hope your mother is on the mend. Notice how your brother is more occupied with the heat in his apt than with the health of the woman who gave him life? If I were you I'd work that angle next time you are both home....

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 12/08/2005 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home