Turtle Power

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Does anyone still read this?

I know, I know, I haven't posted in awhile (thank you for reminding me many times Jess and Kristin.)

For today, I will just post some pictures of Allie and Sam's visit a couple weeks ago.

Sam had only been to D.C. once, so being tourists was a priority. Even though I grew up outside of D.C., I still love going to the museums, and monuments. The first day they were here, we spent all day at the Spy Museum which was cool but definetly not worth $16. The next day was spent at Ford's Theater, going up the Washington Monument, walking in the waterless reflecting pond, and more museums.

Sam is very mature.


Views from the top of the Washington Monument






Walking around the monuments in the windy cold.








On their last day here, with plans of hitting up more museums, we were annoyingly stuck in house because of snow. Instead of sightseeing, we shoveled, made cheddar beer soup, pumpkin bread, and watched the seemingly endless Oscars.

Well, that's it for today. I will try to be better at posting but I can't guarantee anything.

4 Comments:

  • that first pic is hilarious
    I still read and id like to link you to my page
    here is my new blog address

    By Blogger Maestra, at 3/12/2007 5:58 PM  

  • i went to the top of the wash. monument when i was 6 or so. i remember going with grandpa but i can't quite remember who else was with us. must have been grandma, right? mom? we sure as hell know stone groove was not involved in that endeavor for a multitude of reasons.

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 3/12/2007 7:36 PM  

  • Ahhh... I miss Sam. Oh yeah, I miss you too Amy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2007 9:08 AM  

  • MsDee: I'm glad you're still reading, and feel free to link me on your page, I will link to your page as well.

    Listmaker: I went with Grandma and Grandpa when I was a kid too, but don't really remember it all that well. It makes me laugh just thinking of Stone Groove even attempting to go to the top.

    By Blogger Turtle Power, at 3/13/2007 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home