Turtle Power

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's

This year for New Year's, I went to a place I never thought I would: Times Square. Why would I want to go to a crowded place where people camp out overnight in the cold, all to see a stupid ball drop?

That was all before I knew that Liz's brother Tom was in the NYPD and could easily get us a space in Times Square without actually having to wait outside for hours.

Before heading out; what some people might call "pre-gaming."

We get a few blocks from Times Square around 11PM, only to find ourselves at a complete standstill on the sidewalk. When an old guy behind me started to molest me, I began to think this Times Square thing might not have been the best idea after all.

Liz then called her brother, and somehow he found us in the madness.

Tom got us through the crowd, and led us through the closed streets, past guarded gates. Megan and I could not wipe the silly grins off our faces. We got to Times Square around 11:45.

Megan, very excited.


Liz and Jess, not quite as excited.






The countdown begins


It's 2007!


Confetti madness


Overall, this was probably the best New Year's I've had in quite a while.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home