Turtle Power

Sunday, October 08, 2006

RIP Tower Records: 1960-2006

After 46 years, Tower Records is going out of business.

I can't say that I'm upset that Tower is going out of business because I'm a frequent shopper (prices there are/were way too expensive.) But, Tower was always there when I needed it. It was there for a free Foo Fighters concert in the Tower parking lot when I was 13. It was there when nothing else was open on Christmas. It was there when friends and I were bored, and there was no where else to go at night but Tower. After all, Tower was always open until midnight. It was there when I wanted to listen to music on their headphones, or peruse their racks and racks of magazines.

Now, Tower will soon be gone, and another music store chain will disappear. What a sad day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home