Turtle Power

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Damn those montages!

I do not know what is happening to me recently. I was never one to cry during movies, and would roll my eyes at people who did. But lately I have become quite the sucker for cheesy montages. Gear one of those up, and I get teary eyed.

Lately, it has been with my new found love "American Idol" where at the end of every episode when a contestant goes home they play a montage with the annoying song "Bad Day" playing in the background. Even when I did not like the contestant, I would still get choked up. And in the finals, when they had montages of the finalists growing up, there were actually tears in my eyes. This does not go well with my old cynical and critical self.

Today was Katie Courac's last day at the "Today" show. I don't even like her! But this morning, with the Today show in the background they showed clips of Katie over the last 15 years, and I felt the lump in my throat rising.

Today was also the last day of work for a guy at my office who is going to be working for our parent company from home. I was fine during all of the speeches from my co-workers, but then they showed a montage from his last 12 years here. And of course I got choked up. Luckily there was not cheesy music playing in the background or I would have lost it in front of my coworkers, and no one wants to see that.

Montages are pure evil.

5 Comments:

  • Queue Green Day's, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) and grab a box of tissues.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/31/2006 4:18 PM  

  • you are stone groove's daughter so embrace the tears.

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 5/31/2006 4:28 PM  

  • Stone Groove says:
    You are a big baby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/01/2006 8:28 AM  

  • I assume a montage of montages would send you to the state hospital.

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 6/05/2006 5:50 PM  

  • Trey Parker says:

    The hours approaching, just give it your best
    You got to reach your prime.
    That’s when you need to put yourself to the test,
    And show us a passage of time,
    Were going to need a montage (montage)
    Oh it takes a montage (montage)

    Sure a lot of things happing at once,
    With mind, everyone what’s going on (what’s going on?)
    And when every shot you show a little improvement
    Just Show it or it will take to long
    that’s called a montage (montage)
    Oh we want montage (montage)

    And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
    You want a montage (montage)
    even rocky had a montage (montage)

    (Montage…montage)

    Anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
    You need a montage (montage)
    Oh it takes a montage (montage)

    Always fade out in a montage,
    If you fade out, it seem like more time
    Has passed in a montage,
    Montage

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/12/2006 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home