Turtle Power

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy birthday Grandpa

Today would have been my grandfather's 85th birthday. I decided to honor his birthday by donating blood. Grandpa used to donate blood reguarly, and for the past few years, I have too. Grandpa even made it into the newspaper at a WWII veterans blood drive in the 50's with Debbie Reynolds in attendance to thank the boys. The picture that made the paper was of Debbie kissing Grandpa on the cheek. Donating blood was just one of the many ways that my grandfather made a difference in people's lives, and by donating blood today, I can only hope to carry on his tradition.

For more, go to Listmaker for another example of the many ways that my grandfather greatly affected people.

1 Comments:

  • nice! what a nice tribute. he would have loved this simple, heartfelt, and caring gesture on his behalf.

    By Blogger Listmaker, at 2/28/2006 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home