Turtle Power

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I am so ashamed

As mentioned before, I often tend to scoff at many pop cultural phenomenon. For the past four seasons of "American Idol" that had been the case. But one night, I guess nothing else was on TV, and I got hooked into one of the audition shows. Watching people make fool's of themselves is always funny. Plus, it was great to see the few people among the many that actually had some talent.

Now the show has moved into the finals, with 12 guys and 12 girls left in the competition. I can not believe it, but I am actually really rooting for two people, and actually care. American Idol is evil for luring me into its addicting and commercial filled clutches.

Paris Bennett

This 17 year old from Georgia is great. She has the sweetest, softest speaking voice, but when she sings, she becomes a different person. For her first finals song she sang "Midnight Train to Georgia" better than Gladys and her Pips.

Taylor Hicks

This guy is totally different than the rest of the guys this year, which for the most part are pretty boring. I like Taylor and want him to win because he looks like Kirk from "Gilmore Girls" and performs like Ray Charles.

While I am not as invested in this show as many Idol fans, I will still be watching it every week until the end. And shaking my head in shame the whole time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home