Turtle Power

Friday, May 04, 2007

The Golden Girls


Lauren Graham carries Alexis Bledel off into the sunset.

Just yesterday, Stone Groove remarked that this week's Gilmore Girls episode was much better than the rest of the season. I have been remarking all year that this season should be the last. The show was getting painful to watch.

So, this morning at breakfast, Stone Groove looked at the paper, and started to moan. It appears that this season will be the last for the Gilmore Girls.

I say good riddance. While I count Gilmore Girls among my favorite shows, it has just been so bad this year. Season 6 was not great either.

Only two new episodes left! All I have to say is that Rory better not marry Logan on the series finale.

But, I am sad to see it go.

I don't know why Stone Groove is complaining. We are only 10 episodes in on season 2, so by my calculations, he still has about 100 episodes that he has never seen before.

Gilmore Girls-Where you lead, I will follow- to DVD. Thanks for the memories.

Oh, and on the subject of TV--did anyone watch the two hour Grey's Anatomy/pilot for Kate Walsh's spin-off last night? It was truly awful.

5 Comments:

  • oh totally. believe me, i'm a HUGE GG fan... i've even been to the set! but i think i've only watched one or two eps this season, and about half of last season. They kind of lost me at luke's daughter....

    i really hope they rap it up with classic GG feel, and make it more about rory/lorelai relationship, and just make it fun rather than a stupid wedding finale. I want luke/lorelai together, but they don't need to marry at the finale!

    it's funny cuz since i've stopped watching, my parents have gotten addicted.

    ps- addison's show seemed to have potential, but failed miserably. just a horrible 2hours all together.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/06/2007 9:46 AM  

  • It's been two weeks! I need an update. I'm starting to get the shakes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2007 1:12 PM  

  • I would just like to say that this is too bad. Gilmore Girls clocks in at the most words per minute of any currently running sitcom. No other show can keep up with the rapid wordplay that comes out of the gil girls mouths.

    I do feel happy, because maybe now their writers will finally be able to get some sleep and stop watching films from the 1950's for influence.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2007 10:26 PM  

  • The Kate Walsh show wa truly awful. i found myself waiting for the original Grey's to come on and every time the scene changed to Kate I was bored. What's up with the elevator.That was sooo stupid.
    Anyway it was picked up for the fall and it's called Private Practice. What's really disappointing is that you have these really great TV drama stars in it, like Tim Daly and Amy Brenneman, who buy the way must love the Daly's she worked with Tims sister Tyne on judging Amy. A little trivia for you. Anyway I'm going to give it three episodes and then decide if I'll keep watching. The pilot shows are always awkward but this one will have to improve a lot.
    Gilore Girls was on and off for me. I wasnt consistent in the watching and missed out on a lot. Then the mom just started to irritate me so i stopped all together

    By Blogger Maestra, at 5/22/2007 8:36 AM  

  • 25 days, slacker. 25 days!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/29/2007 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home