Turtle Power

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Road trip, part I: Indianapolis

Well, I got back from the road trip on Sunday. Our flight from Denver was at 7AM, and I did not get home until 6 since I had to drive back from the Philly area. This week has been crazy busy with starting camp, and a GRE prep class at night. Needless to say, I'm exhasted. I am sifting through the 600 pictures I took on the trip, so it might take me awhile to sort through them.

But, to get started---
Lauren, Jess, and I left from Exton on Saturday night, heading to Columbus to stay the night. This portion of the trip was pretty uneventful apart from some random cats in the middle of the highway in Ohio.

Crossing into West Virginia (which is apparently "open for business") in our attempt to capture each state's sign. This mission failed after Indiana.


After getting a few hours of sleep, we were off to Indianapolis for the Grand Prix.


After taking the wrong exit into Indianapolis, we actually came across a nice park in downtown.


But, we had to leave the park, as the Grand Prix was calling.

And -try as I might, I cannot comprehend the appeal of watching cars drive fast around a circle. I was dumbfounded.

This was pretty much it for two hours:


Trying to feign some enthusiasm


After it was finally over, we came across these guys, who were much more entertaining than the actual Grand Prix. I should have asked them to explain to me the appeal.


Next blog: St. Louis

2 Comments:

  • I am exhasted too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/28/2007 10:03 PM  

  • Hey! I've never seen the "Open for business" sign until you posted it. Then I saw the bestest movie last night and saw it again. haha. Live Free or Die Hard. Yep. Not gonna lie, it was pretty awesome. Miss you!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/30/2007 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home