Turtle Power

Monday, July 09, 2007

Pardon the interruption

I interrupt the road trip picturefest wrap-up to talk about my camp job.

The first day, I was completely ready to call it quits. On Mondays, I don't have any groups, so I had to go to the pool to shadow a kid who was completely uncontrollable. He could not communicate, did not listen, scratched, and bit. At the pool, he kept pulling down his swim trunks, and at the end of the day, ran into the kiddie pool, pulled down his pants, and peed. To put the kid into perspective--he was so bad that he was kicked out of the camp after two days...and this camp has a number of difficult kids.

But, after two weeks, dare I say...I don't hate it. And, that's a pretty good review for me. There are a number of kids that I really like. And, it's kind of fun planning activities for the kids. So, I'll make it through the next four weeks, and at the end, I will have a really good experience on my resume for when I apply to grad school for OT.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home